Posted drivers to Belgium must be remunerated according to the collective labour agreement conditions applicable to the road freight transport sector. Starting 1st of January 2023, an update of tariffs and a new classification has been added to it. Please check below in details:
MINIMUM GROSS HOURLY WAGE
Minimum gross hourly wage
Availability compensation on Sundays/holidays
Availability on the train & boat compensation
Availability on the train & boat compensation on Sundays/holidays
- compensated resting time paid
- compensated resting time unpaid or effective 38h/week
On November 17, 2022, the authorities announced that the final classification of functions in the road freight transport sector is approved and will be applicable starting 1st of January 2023. For several years, the historical trade unions and the employers’ federations have been working on this new classification of functions that covers 10 main criteria. Each of these 10 criteria has 2 or 3 levels and each of these levels has a score. The total score of points allows you to determine to which level of the classification the function of the rolling staff belongs. The class assigned to the workers determines the basic hourly wage.
SUPPLEMENT FOR WORK ON SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS
Work performed on Sundays and public holidays are remunerated with a supplement of 100% (therefore 200%) under the legislation relating to public holidays.
RGPT allowance of (on all hours of work and availability) 1.6865 EUR
A RGPT allowance is granted per hour of attendance (hour of work and/or hour of availability) to workers as reimbursement for the costs incurred by these drivers outside the company’s headquarters mentioned in the work regulations, costs which are however specific to the company (laundry rooms, toilets, drinks, etc.)
Flat-rate travel allowances:
- Per 24-hour period started, when, because of operational necessity, driver is obliged to take their daily and/or weekly rest outside their home or the place of work provided for in their employment contract: 44,4775 EUR.
- Prolonged absence from home for less than 24 consecutive hours and a single overnight stay (single daily rest time): 18,0285 EUR.
- In the event of a fixed stay in Belgium or abroad: 12.0925 EUR + a fixed salary corresponding to eight hours of work. “Fixed stay” is when, as a result of operational necessity, the worker does not perform any work between two daily rest periods, or between a daily rest period and a weekly rest period, taken outside his home or place of work provided for in his employment contract.
Night work bonus of 1,7515 EUR
Night work bonus is applicable to workers who meet the following conditions and who therefore:
- Either during a calendar month are employed for at least 5 consecutive working days in a scheme including night work.
- Either during a calendar month, are employed for at least half of the actual working days in a scheme including night work (from the first month worked in full).
- Or are employed in a structured shift system. In this case, this financial compensation is granted only to blue collar workers whose work involves night shifts.
“Night work” in the sense of this collective labour agreement includes work between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
In addition, these workers must have performed, between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m., more than five hours of work or availability time.
The seniority supplement is paid by the employer at 100% for all working hours and hours of availability/waiting hours and amounts to:
- Uninterrupted seniority in the company from 1 year 0,0645 EUR
- Uninterrupted seniority in the company from 3 years 0,1315 EUR
- Uninterrupted seniority in the company from 5 years 0,1985 EUR
- Uninterrupted seniority in the company from 8 years 0,2655 EUR
- Uninterrupted seniority in the company from 10 years 0,3325 EUR
- Uninterrupted seniority in the company from 15 years 0,3995 EUR
- Uninterrupted seniority in the company from 20 years 0,4665 EUR
AVERAGE WORK TIME PER WEEK
Since 01/01/2009 based on the average work time per week, calculated over a period of one month, a supplement of 50% is due beyond 60h.
Leave a Reply